- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- Pinch of Salt
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 9 inch pie crust
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F
- In a saucepan, whisk flour, 1½ cups sugar, coca, vanilla and evaporated milk.
- Beat egg yolks and stir into pan.
- Add butter and cook over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Sit constantly.
- Add mixture to an unbaked pie shell.
- Cook for 35 to 45 minutes, or until pie is not wobbly when shaken.
- Beat egg white until soft peaks form. Gradually add ½ cup of sugar, beating constantly until stiff peak forms.
- Spread over pie.
- Return pie to oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until meringue is golden in color.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More