- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 ½ C sugar
- ½ C + 2 T dark Caro syrup or honey
- 1 ½ C peanut butter
- 7 ½ C corn flakes
- Combine sugar and syrup in large pot.
- Cook over high flame, stirring constantly until mixture boils.
- Remove immediately.
- Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Pour over corn flakes and mix.
- Pour into a greased 9 X 13 pan and press.
- When cooled, cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
NotesWhen my friends and I were in elementary and junior high school, our favorite cafeteria snack were these chewy peanut butter squares. By eating them in teeny little bites, we could make our square last from lunch through the end of school. I was lucky enough to be the granddaughter of the cafeteria manager at the high school... which supplied all the food for the other schools, so I got the recipe. Now my kids love it eat them, too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More