- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 45
BackstoryPizza is a popular dish invented in Italy, and found in most cuisines around the world. Pizza often starts with a flat, round, homemade crust, is topped with tomato sauce and cheese and baked until the cheese topping is golden brown. Pizza chefs have created remarkable new offerings that include thick crusts; thin crusts, stuffed crusts, and offer an infinite number of toppings that make pizza a great dish served any time of the day from breakfast to dessert.
- Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g Jap (Japanese) pumpkin
- 1 tsp each chilli flakes and cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pure maple syrup
- 2 pizza bases
- 100g grated mozzarella
- 100g mild blue cheese, crumbled
- 100g rocket leaves
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and lightly grease a baking tray.
- Cut the pumpkin into 1.5cm-thick slices. Spread on the baking tray, rub with the chilli, cumin, oil and syrup, then season. Roast for 20 minutes, then turn and roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place pizza bases on a large baking tray and scatter with mozzarella. Place in oven for the final 6-8 minutes of pumpkin cooking time until cheese is bubbling and bases are crisp. Place pumpkin slices on the bases (reserving pan juices), scatter with blue cheese and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes. Scatter with rocket. Stir the balsamic into the pumpkin roasting juices and drizzle over the pizzas before serving.
- replica ray ban sunglasses