- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 60
- 7 oz semisweet chocolate
- 3/4c butter
- 1c sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt it with butter over hot water.
- Beat the egg yolks with half of the sugar.
- Fold in the melted butter and chocolate mixture.
- Beat egg whites until frothy by using an electric mixer; gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Pour into greased 9in cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 40 minutes.
- Please note that cakes of this type will collapse and look like a pie because no flour is used. Please observe that the cake is quite sticky!
NotesHard times meant making do...
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More