- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 60
- 7 oz semisweet chocolate
- 3/4c butter
- 1c sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt it with butter over hot water.
- Beat the egg yolks with half of the sugar.
- Fold in the melted butter and chocolate mixture.
- Beat egg whites until frothy by using an electric mixer; gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Pour into greased 9in cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 40 minutes.
- Please note that cakes of this type will collapse and look like a pie because no flour is used. Please observe that the cake is quite sticky!
NotesHard times meant making do...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More