- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15-20
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 to 4 teaspoons dry ranch-style salad dressing mix
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh green beans, cooked until crisp-tender
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs, toasted
- To make white sauce, melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Using wire whisk, stir in milk; bring to a boil. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in dressing mix and white pepper; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Remove half of onion mixture; set aside.
- Add mushrooms to onion mixture remaining in skillet and cook about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Combine mushroom mixture, green beans and white sauce in 1 1/2-quart casserole. Combine bread crumbs with reserved onion mixture; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 20 to 30 minutes.
NotesMy family's favorite! Easy ingredients and not many steps to make.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More