- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15-20
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 to 4 teaspoons dry ranch-style salad dressing mix
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh green beans, cooked until crisp-tender
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs, toasted
- To make white sauce, melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Using wire whisk, stir in milk; bring to a boil. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in dressing mix and white pepper; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Remove half of onion mixture; set aside.
- Add mushrooms to onion mixture remaining in skillet and cook about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Combine mushroom mixture, green beans and white sauce in 1 1/2-quart casserole. Combine bread crumbs with reserved onion mixture; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 20 to 30 minutes.
NotesMy family's favorite! Easy ingredients and not many steps to make.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More