- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15-20
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 to 4 teaspoons dry ranch-style salad dressing mix
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh green beans, cooked until crisp-tender
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs, toasted
- To make white sauce, melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Using wire whisk, stir in milk; bring to a boil. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in dressing mix and white pepper; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Remove half of onion mixture; set aside.
- Add mushrooms to onion mixture remaining in skillet and cook about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Combine mushroom mixture, green beans and white sauce in 1 1/2-quart casserole. Combine bread crumbs with reserved onion mixture; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 20 to 30 minutes.
NotesMy family's favorite! Easy ingredients and not many steps to make.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Lau Family Recipes
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More