- Cooking Time:
- Servings: varies
- Preparation Time: 20
- Plain hamburger buns
- Ham, sliced
- Swiss Cheese slices
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Onion, chopped
- poppy seeds
- Amount of each ingredients depends on how many sandwhiches you are making
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop onion in food processor.
- Mix onion, butter, and poppy seeds together by hand, mixing until butter mixture is smooth.
- Add Mustard to taste.
- Open buns and spread mixture on bottom of buns.
- Place ham and swiss on each bun. Usually approx. 2 slices of ham and 1 slice of cheese.
- Once every bun has the butter mixture, ham and swiss spread any remaining mixture on the tops of the buns - its ok if you dont have any left, this is just to use up the remainder.
- Place sandwiches on cookies sheets and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- *These sandwhiches can be made the night before (or morning of) and placed in the refridgerator or covered outside (we put ours on the cookie sheets, cover them with the foil and store on the porch until dinner time). When you are ready to heat them, set them out and bring to room temperature (about 20 - 30 minutes) and then bake as directed above.
NotesThis recipe came from my grandmother. We eat these delicious simple sandwhiches every year on Christmas Eve. They are delicious and the holidays wouldnt be the same without them.