- Cooking Time: 8 to 10 minutes
- Servings: 84
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. cold coffee
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. raisins
- 1 c. chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix brown sugar, shortening, butter, coffee and eggs.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet.
- Makes about 7 1/2 dozen.
NotesThis is another recipe from my Grandma. I've come across several recipes online that are almost exactly like it, so I guess it's one that was shared years and years ago.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More