- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 cups of dried apple slices
- 5 cups of fresh rose hips
- 2 cups of sugar for each pint of juice
- Place apple slices into a deep cooking pot, cover with warm water, and let stand overnight.
- Fresh apples won't do because their abundance of pectin would turn the jelly into rubber.
- The next day, add rose hips (whole or chopped) into the pot and cover with warm water.
- Bring the pot to a boil and cook until very soft. Drain off the liquid through a jelly bag or cloth into a new pot.
- Add sugar and boil for another 20 minutes or until mixture jells into a thick mass when dropped from a spoon into cold water.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
NotesThis makes a good apple jelly with a new taste. The house always smelled so good when she was cooking up a batch. Wait until after the first frost to gather the rose hips.
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More