GRANDMA'S SAUSAGE CHOWDER
Grandma's Sausage Chowder
- Servings: 4
- 1 pound sausage of your choice
- 3-4 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup chopped celery, include some tops
- 1-2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 can creamed corn, plus 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup low fat milk
- Optional: 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Brown, break up sausage, drain fat. Saute onion with meat. Add potatoes and celery. Cover with 2 1/2 cups water, simmer until tender. Mash mixture slightly with potato masher. Add corn and water, heat and stir. Add milk, heat and stir. Serve, sprinkle with cheese as desired.
This is one of my grandmother's recipes she learned while living in Texas. She and family moved often and she would pick up new recipes local to that region. Grandma passed away a year ago, but her wonderful cooking and recipes are part of the legacy she left.