- Cooking Time: no cooking
- Servings: Don't know
- Preparation Time: 5 to 10 minutes max
BackstoryMy Grandma used to make this dip at every special and not so special occasion. It's a family favorite. We love it so much, sometimes we just ask for "Chips & Dip" for Dinner.
I don't know if Grandma invented this dip or found the recipe somewhere, so I am not claiming it as my own. It's just the best there is, in my opinion.
A little tip, choose Ruffles Original with Ridges. That's the only chip we like and the only one that can stand up to the thickness of the dip. Mmm, I am getting hungry.
- 1 can smoked oysters (no specific brand, just one you like)
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium container of cottage cheese, large curd
- *Depending on the thickness you like, I will sometimes add a 1/2 cup of milk, just to thin it up a little, but I like it thick)
- In a large bowl, combine the oysters, cream cheese and oysters (and milk, if you choose).
- On a medium setting, whip all ingredients together using a hand mixer.
- Put in the refridgerator and chill for 15 minutes. Some people don't like it chilled, I do. It's all a matter of taste.
- Open your bag of chips and enjoy!
- This really is the tastiest dip ever!