- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 20+
- Preparation Time: 5
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- Mix in order given with a mixer.
- Use a Teflon pan - the small 7” size is ideal.
- Pour only enough batter into the pan to coat thinly.
- Turn when the sides are dry.
- Keep warm in a warm oven.
- Note: for first thin pancake, use a little margarine in the pan; thereafter, use nothing.
NotesThese thin pakcakes were a staple growing up - very simple but so delicious. You can eat them plain, rolled up with butter and sugar (this is the original, traditional way) or, you can make them for brunches or parties and serve them with sliced berries and whipped cream. They are always a hit!