- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-cps sifted flour all purpose
- 1-tbls baking powder
- 1-tsp salt
- 1/4-tsp. baking soda
- 1/4-cp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cp buttermilk
- 8 tbls(1 stick)butter softened
- 3/4 cp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- combine flour,baking powder,salt,and soda in a med.bowl and mix well. Stir in vegetable oil. Add buttermilk and stir just till blended.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured board till smooth. Roll dough into a 15x8 inch rectangle.
- Preheat the oven to 400*f.Grease a 9 in. round baking pan lightly.
- Spread butter over the dough. Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle over butter. roll up rectangle,jelly roll style,starting from one long side. pinch seam to seal.
- Cut the roll into 1-1/2inch slices,arrange the slices cut side up,in prepared pan. Bake till lightly brown, about 15-20 min.
- remove from oven.
- mix confectionary sugar and a little milk to make a glaze and pour over bisquits.
- serve warm
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More