- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3 1/2 to 4 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, (room temperature)
- 3 cups ground tea biscuits (Arrowroot type)
- 3 cups ground walnuts
- 3 squares (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 squares (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium-size pot,
- add sugar, and simmer until thickened slightly.
- Add the butter, tea biscuits and ground walnuts.
- Mix it all together well, until dough forms.
- Remove from heat and divide into 2 equal halves.
- Knead the grated chocolate and rum extract, into one half of the dough.
- Press the chocolate dough into a greased 11x 13" baking dish lined with greased parchment paper.
- Lightly wet your hands to keep the dough from sticking to them.
- Spread the lighter batter on top of the chocolate, press evenly covering all the chocolate dough.
- Make the glaze in a small saucepan on the stove top, heat milk, sugar and butter.
- When the butter has melted, add the chocolate squares.
- When the glaze is smooth, pour over top of the dough in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle finely chopped walnuts over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into small thin strips.
NotesI think my grandmother used to make these "no bake cookies" just so me and my brother could put the biscuits into paper bags and crush them with rolling pins...such fun! She would always regrind them, but it made us feel like we "made" the dough for the cookies. I now use a food processor and I use ginger snaps instead of the tea biscuits...sooo good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More