- Cooking Time: 15 min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20min
- Meat sauce:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 1 can mushrooms (drained)-fresh sliced if preferred
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Green Pepper (if desired)
- Garlic to taste
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- Shredded Pizza cheese
- Hamburger buns, cut into halves
- Brown beef & sausage and drain.
- Add mushrooms & onion and saute.
- Add all other sauce ingredients and cook together for a few minutes.
- Put buns on sheet covered with sprayed aluminum foil.
- Scoop meat sauce onto halved hamburger buns, top with cheese
- Bake at 375 for approximately 15 minutes or until cheese is slightly brown.
NotesA husband favorite from his childhood, now our three girls love them too!