- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 3 dozen
- Preparation Time: 60
BackstoryComing from a Czech family, kolaches have been our staple at every family gathering. Grandma Helen always made the best. This is her recipe - though I'll be honest, I baked kolaches with her one day, and she never used a measuring cup once - a dash of this, a handful of that. "You just know," she'd tell me.
Submitted by: "Kristin Knisley"
- 1/2 c Instant potato flakes
- 1/3 c Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 c oil
- 3/4 c milk, scalded
- 1/2 c water
- 1 pkg yeast
- 3/4 c milk
- 1/2 c water
- 3-3/4 c flour
- 1 egg
- 1 12 oz can of your favorite pie filling (mine is poppy seed!)
- 1.In large bowl, mix potato flakes, sugar, salt, oil, scalded milk and water.
- 2.Dissolve yeast in 1/4 c warm water.
- 3.Add beaten egg and half of flour. Beat well.
- 4.Mix in remaining flour.
- 5.Allow dough to rise until double the size.
- 6.Form dough into small balls.
- 7.Allow dough to rise again until double the size.
- 8.Make dents in each ball.
- 9.Fill dents with desired filling.
- 10.Let rise for 10 minutes or until double.
- 11.Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown.
- 12.Brush with melted butter or oil immediately after removed from oven.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More