- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 egg
- about 2 cups of bread crumbs
- 1 can of condensed tomato soup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine beef, onion, garlic, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add half of the tomato soup, reserve the other half in the fridge.
- Add bread crumbs. Knead together with hands. If the mixture is too watery, add more bread crumbs.
- Transfer mixture to one large loaf pan or two small ones.
- Form the loaf(s) into log by pushing the mixture away from the sides of the pan(s) slightly, allowing room for the loaf to expand.
- Cook for about an hour at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with remaining tomato soup.
NotesThis is the recipe my grandma always used to make meatloaf. When I still lived at my parents' house, my mom would make this meatloaf for me every year on my birthday.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More