- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 egg
- about 2 cups of bread crumbs
- 1 can of condensed tomato soup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine beef, onion, garlic, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add half of the tomato soup, reserve the other half in the fridge.
- Add bread crumbs. Knead together with hands. If the mixture is too watery, add more bread crumbs.
- Transfer mixture to one large loaf pan or two small ones.
- Form the loaf(s) into log by pushing the mixture away from the sides of the pan(s) slightly, allowing room for the loaf to expand.
- Cook for about an hour at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with remaining tomato soup.
NotesThis is the recipe my grandma always used to make meatloaf. When I still lived at my parents' house, my mom would make this meatloaf for me every year on my birthday.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More