- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 7oz pack of Barilla Macaroni
- 2 8oz packs shredded cheddar (some of my guest like even more cheese)
- 1 can of milk or evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of butter (liquefied but not too hot. I've used margarine too)
- 2 TB of flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I usually do about 1tsp of salt and 2tsp pepper)
- Boil 7 oz of mac for 7 minutes, meanwhile, mix the ingredients above together (save a quarter cup of butter to coat your noodles and top the casserole).
- Drain mac, then put in a buttered casserole dish. Add a bit of melted butter over the noodles- just a bit to very lightly coat. Add the mixture over the noodles.
- Gently fold 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese (make sure it gets into the bottle of the layers too), then heavily coat the top with a second bag of cheese. Drizzle a bit of butter over the top for a nice light golden brown. Bake about 20 min.
- Tip: What makes this a down home southern recipe is that amount of the macaroni, and shredded cheese is really determined only by the size of the casserole dish.
NotesThis is the special recipe of one of my friend's Grandma, Lil. It was an amazing dish - definitely a must try!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
MetroCooking DC 2013
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More