- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 2 packages 3.5 oz vanilla pudding mix (pair according to package instructions)
- 6 bananas
- 1 16 oz container cool whip
- Preheat oven to 300' F
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, butter and coconut
- I started out using a fork to mix this up and ended up using my hands. It makes a doughy blob which would be kinda messy in a mixer.
- Take that blob and crumble it as best you can into a shallow roasting pan. Bake for about 45 minutes. During the baking process, say....every 10 minutes or so, stir, mash, and crumble the mixture with a spatula. This will accomplish two things
- 1. Prevent the mixture from turning into a cake
- 2. Create nice toasty, golden brown crumbles...which is what you want the end result to be
- In a 13 x 9 casserole dish, take about 2/3 of the coconut crumbs and put them on the bottom of the dish. Carefully spread the pudding over the crumbs. Slice the bananas and cover the pudding with the slices....spread the cool whip over the bananas and then sprinkle the remaining coconut crumbs over the cool whip.
- Put into the fridge to set and enjoy!!
NotesThe other day I asked my sister if she had a recipe she'd share with me. I wanted a dessert....and I wanted it to be something I hadn't made. She told me about Grandma Mary's Banana Pudding. Let me tell you....this is not like any banana pudding you've ever had.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More