- Cooking Time: 3-5
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 45
BackstoryWhen I was little my grandma made the best donuts from left-over mashed potatoes. Anytime we were having mashed potatoes, I'd beg her to make extra for the donuts, then guard the potatoes during dinner to assure we had fresh potato donuts the next day! I still love to make them and eat them before adding any icing or sugar, just fresh and hot!
My grandmother got this recipe from her mother, and remembers enjoying them growing up.
- 2Tbl. Crisco melted
- 1 Lg. Egg
- 1/2c. Milk
- 2¾ c. Flour
- 2½ tsp. Baking Powder
- 1c. Granulated Sugar
- 1c. Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add milk, egg and Crisco to leftover mashed potatoes.
- Combine flour and potato mixture.
- Do not overwork dough.
- Roll dough on floured surface to about ½ inch thick.
- Use doughnut cutter to cut shapes-although any shape will do.
- Deep fry dough at 325degrees until golden brown.
- While still hot, shake doughnuts in powdered sugar or a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Try adding a dash of nutmeg to the recipe for extra flavor.
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli Family
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More