- Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
- Servings: 2 Dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup of butter (2 sticks), sit out so it will be at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs, sit out so it will be at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup of your favorite jam
- Thimble full of Kentucky Bourbon
- Confectioners Sugar
- Parchment paper
- 1 Cream the butter and sugar on high speed for about 3 minutes.
- 2 Separate the eggs. Add the yolks and vanilla extract to the butter mixture.
- 3 Add the flour and salt. Ad the bourbon. Mix until just combined. Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 350F.
- 4 Take a tablespoons full of dough. Roll the dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter in your hands. Place the balls on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- 5 Press down with your thumb to make a small well in the center of the cookie. Do not press too hard or the cookie will fall apart. Fill with 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- 6 Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly firm. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet to firm up before moving them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- 7. When they are almost all cooled take a sifter and add powdered sugar to it. Sprinkle through the sifter onto the cookies.
NotesOur Grandmother's secret to most of her recipes was adding bourbon to it. We all took turns helping her make these cookies. Memories are great! The cookies even better.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More