GRANDMA RYAN'S IRISH SODA BREAD
- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespooon * caraway seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in large bowl.
- Mix in raisins and caraway seeds (optional). Melt shortening. Beat eggs and combine with milk.
- Mix liquids with dry mixture. Knead on well-floured surface. Shape into a round loaf and place in floured iron skillet.
- Mark an “X” (lightly score) across the top using a sharp knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More