- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespooon * caraway seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in large bowl.
- Mix in raisins and caraway seeds (optional). Melt shortening. Beat eggs and combine with milk.
- Mix liquids with dry mixture. Knead on well-floured surface. Shape into a round loaf and place in floured iron skillet.
- Mark an “X” (lightly score) across the top using a sharp knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More