- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespooon * caraway seeds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in large bowl.
- Mix in raisins and caraway seeds (optional). Melt shortening. Beat eggs and combine with milk.
- Mix liquids with dry mixture. Knead on well-floured surface. Shape into a round loaf and place in floured iron skillet.
- Mark an “X” (lightly score) across the top using a sharp knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More