- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 4 C flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 oz shortening
- 1 C milk or water
- 1 T sugar (rounded)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sift flour and salt and baking powder.
- Add shortening and cut in very fine.
- Mix 1/2 milk and 2 eggs with sugar and vanilla and beat slightly.
- Add liquid to flour mixture, then add balance of milk until consistency of biscuit.
- Roll out and cut as for biscuits.
- Bake in hot oven (450 degrees) about 12 minutes.
NotesPhoto of Yetta Chemnick Levin (1862–1941), Zelma’s mother.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
The NourishFull Kitchen
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More