- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 4 C flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 oz shortening
- 1 C milk or water
- 1 T sugar (rounded)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sift flour and salt and baking powder.
- Add shortening and cut in very fine.
- Mix 1/2 milk and 2 eggs with sugar and vanilla and beat slightly.
- Add liquid to flour mixture, then add balance of milk until consistency of biscuit.
- Roll out and cut as for biscuits.
- Bake in hot oven (450 degrees) about 12 minutes.
NotesPhoto of Yetta Chemnick Levin (1862–1941), Zelma’s mother.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
ENGLISH MUFFIN PIZZA
Salted Caramel Apple Cups
Meatball MuffinsSee More