- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 4 C flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 oz shortening
- 1 C milk or water
- 1 T sugar (rounded)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sift flour and salt and baking powder.
- Add shortening and cut in very fine.
- Mix 1/2 milk and 2 eggs with sugar and vanilla and beat slightly.
- Add liquid to flour mixture, then add balance of milk until consistency of biscuit.
- Roll out and cut as for biscuits.
- Bake in hot oven (450 degrees) about 12 minutes.
NotesPhoto of Yetta Chemnick Levin (1862–1941), Zelma’s mother.
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014See More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More