- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ½ c. shortening
- 1½ c. white sugar
- 2 eggs (1 at a time)
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2/3 c. sour milk
- 3 large mashed bananas
- 3 c. flour
- 1 t. salt
- 2 t. (level) baking soda
- ½ c. walnut pieces (optional)
- Beat shortening and sugar well. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Sift flour and salt together.
- In thirds add the flour mixture to the 1st mixture and beat well, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Add ½ of the sour milk with the 2 t. of soda added, beat well. Add ½ of the mashed bananas, beat well. Now repeat. After the last of the flour is added, mix well and add the walnuts.
- Pour and spread into 2 loaf pans that have been greased well. I use Pam.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Immediately remove from pan and cool on cooling rack
NotesThis recipe was my grandmothers, passed onto my mother and passed onto me. It is well over 100 year old recipe and its wonderful and moist.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More