- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ( 4.6oz ) Jell-o Cook & Serve Vanilla pudding&pie filling
- 2 1/4 cups of milk
- 3/4 cup of Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoons of coconut extract
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 baked pie shell
- MERINGUE (tweeked from Mrslovetocook's recipe)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of cornstarch (Mrslovetocook uses 1 T.)
- 3 tablespoons of sugar (Mrslovestocook uses 6 T)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 4 egg whites (Mrslovestocook uses 3)
- pinch of salt
- Mix together the Jell-o pudding, milk, coconut milk and coconut extract in a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high 8 min. or until mixture comes to a FULL boil, stirring every 2 min.
- Set aside for 5 min. stirring a couple of times...Pour into a baked pie shell (could use Graham pie crust)
- In a small sauce pan whisk together the cornstarch, sugar, and water. Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and turns clear.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy. Continue to beat while slowly pouring the hot mixture into the egg whites. Beat for 5 to 7 min. .
- Top your pie with meringue making sure that you seal around the edges next to the crust to prevent shrinking.
- Bake at 400º for 10 min. or until light brown
- Since it was a coconut pie I did sprinkle about 1/4 cup of coconut on the pie after the meringue was on and before baking.
NotesMy husbands very favorite pie is a coconut pie. This one I come up with after discovering I was out of the needed ingredients for another recipe. This one is so easy and most important he Loved it and made sure the recipe was written down for furture pies. LOL
Since it was a coconut pie I did sprinkle about 1/4 cup of coconut on the pie after the meringue was on and before baking.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Refreshing Grapefruit Sangria
CRISPY BAKED RAVIOLISee More