- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 3/4 C. white sugar
- 1 1/2 C. light corn syrup
- 1 C. water
- 1 T. spearmint or peppermint, or other flavored extract
- 1/2 t. food coloring (optional)
- 1/4 C. confectioners' sugar for dusting
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the white sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until sugar dissolves, then bring to a boil. Without stirring, heat to 300 to 310° F., or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads.
- Remove from heat and stir in flavored extract and food coloring, if desired. Pour onto a greased cookie sheet, and dust the top with confectioners' sugar. Let cool, and break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More