- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 big potatoes diced
- 3 big carrots diced
- 3 leaf of bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspon of oregano
- 3 glove of garlic
- 3 tbsp of sofrito ( peppers, onion,cilantro & garlic mashed in the blender)3 3tbs of EVOO
- 1 pinch of cinammon
- water to cover the entire chicken
- 1/2 o pack of fine angel hair noodles
- salt & pepper to taste
- Take the whole chicken and simmer in a big pot along with the bay leaf and garlic & pepper and salt.
- Let it simmer until is done and fall out of the bone.
- Take the chicken out of the broth and take the meat apart, let it cool first, or until your hands can handle the chicken.
- You may use the whole chicken or save some for some chicken salad later.
- Add the sofrito the evoo the chicken to the broth add the carrots, potatoes and seasonings, let it simmer until they are done, add the noodles and cook it for 5 more minutes until the noodles are done.
NotesWhen it is flu season and all of us kids being sick and miserable here comes grandmas and take us all in for a nice treat of chicken noodle soup, but this was not any ordinary chicken. She would go out and take the first available chicken from her chicken pen and well you guess it..., it can't be fresher than that. She will slowly cook that chicken with some magical spices and then, she will take that meat of the bone and the add it to the broth and that is where the magic start to happen. We were all warm a cozy, eating the soup and watching out favorite cartoon show. Ahh!! That was life!
I have a good friend that thanks to Bake Space I found him here! Mr.Pieman this recipe is for you!