- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 2 pounds
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 1/2 c. extra fine granulated sugar
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- 1/3 t. salt
- 2/3 c. water
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- Pick a dry day to prepare this candy.
- Prepare parchment paper by greasing with Crisco.
- Combine sugar, syrup, salt and water.
- Place over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Boil without stirring to 265 degrees (hard ball stage)..
- Keep crystals from forming on side of pan by wiping with damp cloth as necessary.
- Pour hoy syrup in slow steady stream over stiff egg whites, beating constantly.
- Continue beating until candy holds shape when dropped from spoon.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Drop by spoonfuls on greased surface.
- Store in air tight container.
NotesEvery holiday season, Jim's mother made divinity. It was heavenly! Here is the recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More