- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 1/2 lb. tenderized round steak
- 2-3 c. flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 t. salt
- 2 t. pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 T. pan drippings
- 2 T. flour
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut steak into pieces.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in wide shallow bowl.
- Mix eggs and milk in another wide shallow bowl.
- Coat each piece of meat in flour mixture, then egg-milk mixture, then flour mixture again.
- Let meat set until one inch of oil is hot in skillet and ready for frying.
- Place beef in skillet until side is golden brown.
- Turn until golden brown.
- Put meat on paper towels to drain.
- Pour off all but a couple of tablespoons of drippings.
- Add flour to drippings stirring until it becomes dark.
- Slowly pour milk into pan while stirring it into roux to break up lumps.
- Turn heat to medium low and keep stirring until thickened.
- If too thick, add a little milk.
NotesThis was a staple meal at Jim's parents' house. And his mom was the best cook in town! Here is her famous recipe for chicken fried steak and cream gravy. Enjoy!
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More