- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 2 broiler fryer chickens (3 3 1/3 lb. each) cut up
- 1 c. shortening
- Milk Gravy Ingredients:
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. milk
- 1 c. water
- 1/8 tsp. browning sauce (optional)
- Fresh oregano (optional)
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- In another bowl, combine flour and seasonings. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then in flour mixture.
- Melt shortening in hicken Fryer; brown chicken on both sides.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from fryer; keep warm.
- Reserve ¼ cup drippings in fryer for gravy.
- To make gravy, stir flour, salt and pepper into reserved drippings in fryer.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Combine milk and water; add to fryer.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add browning sauce if desired.
- Serve gravy with chicken.
- Garnish with oregano.
- Serves 8
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Koken met OmaSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More