- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 2 broiler fryer chickens (3 3 1/3 lb. each) cut up
- 1 c. shortening
- Milk Gravy Ingredients:
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. milk
- 1 c. water
- 1/8 tsp. browning sauce (optional)
- Fresh oregano (optional)
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- In another bowl, combine flour and seasonings. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then in flour mixture.
- Melt shortening in hicken Fryer; brown chicken on both sides.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from fryer; keep warm.
- Reserve ¼ cup drippings in fryer for gravy.
- To make gravy, stir flour, salt and pepper into reserved drippings in fryer.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Combine milk and water; add to fryer.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add browning sauce if desired.
- Serve gravy with chicken.
- Garnish with oregano.
- Serves 8
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More