- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 50
- 1 qt. day-old bread crumbs
- 1 qt. crumbled cornbread
- 1 qt. crumbled biscuits
- 1 c. chopped sweet onion
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 t. sage
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3/4 t. pepper
- 2 c. chicken broth (add more if needed)
- 1 stick melted unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- (Optional: 2 chopped hard boiled eggs)
- Grease a large 13X9X2 baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients except broth, butter and eggs.
- Toss well.
- Add broth, butter and eggs.
- Mix well, but lightly.
- Mixture should be extra moist.
- Place in baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake during last 45 minutes of turkey roasting time.
NotesAs a young mother, I always made this for Thanksgiving. I found the recipe in the Houston Chronicle Food Section in the early '70's. It's our family's favorite!