- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 50
- 1 qt. day-old bread crumbs
- 1 qt. crumbled cornbread
- 1 qt. crumbled biscuits
- 1 c. chopped sweet onion
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 t. sage
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3/4 t. pepper
- 2 c. chicken broth (add more if needed)
- 1 stick melted unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- (Optional: 2 chopped hard boiled eggs)
- Grease a large 13X9X2 baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients except broth, butter and eggs.
- Toss well.
- Add broth, butter and eggs.
- Mix well, but lightly.
- Mixture should be extra moist.
- Place in baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake during last 45 minutes of turkey roasting time.
NotesAs a young mother, I always made this for Thanksgiving. I found the recipe in the Houston Chronicle Food Section in the early '70's. It's our family's favorite!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More