- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (I used a yellow bell pepper since I don't really like green ones)
- Oil to saute
- 1 lb ground chuck (if you use a fattier ground beef, you'll need to drain it)
- 1 - 28 oz can of baked beans (the recipe called for 2-15oz cans of pork and beans)
- 1/2 cup Golden Eagle Syrup (we don't have that in So Cal so I used 2 parts corn syrup to 1 part molasses as suggested somewhere)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350'
- In a small amount of oil sauté onion and bell pepper until tender.
- Add ground beef and brown.
- In a 13x9 baking dish, combine the remaining ingredients. Mix meat mixture into the beans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
NotesI found my grandmothers recipe for baked beans on the internet. My cousin had shared it with her mother in-law who in turn had shared it with a local newspaper, who in turn had published it on their newspaper blog.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
A Falcon FeastSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More