- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 to 1 lb Italian sausage links (mild, hot, or mixed)
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 onion chopped (may use green onions)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15 oz)
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 tsp dried oregano*
- 1 tsp dried basil*
- 2 large or 3 small bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried parsley*
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 to 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp’ real’ butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb pasta of your choice cooked as directed
- * If using fresh herbs you will need to use twice as much, or to taste.
- Brown sausage in skillet, drain on paper towels, set aside.
- In clean heated pan place olive oil then butter.
- Sauté bell pepper, onions and garlic over med heat, about 5-7 mins
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, oregano, basil, bay leaves cooked sausage and water as needed.
- Cook covered over low heat about 30-45 mins stirring frequently as needed.
- Cook pasta in salted water as directed, drain.
- Pour sauce over pasta and serve.
- May serve with tossed salad and garlic bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More