- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs
- 8oz sour cream
- 4 cups flour
- ¼ teas salt
- 5/6 medium potatoes
- ¼ lb sharp cheddar chees (white)
- Mint leaves (really, really fine)
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ lb butter
- 2 onions
- Peel and cut potatoes into chunks. Boil until soft and drain.
- While potatoes are boiling, beat eggs and sour cream together. Gradually add flour and salt. Knead dough until soft but not sticky. Cover with a damp paper towel and set aside.
- To hot, drained potatoes, add sharp cheese (cut into chunks to melt faster), mint and salt. Mix until smooth and cheese is melted.
- Roll out dough about 1/8 inch thick on floured surface. Cut into squares approximately 3”x 3”. Drop a ball of potato mixture onto dough square and fold over. Pinch edges closed. (Dipping your finger in water will help seal the stubborn ones) Again, cover pierogies with a damp paper towel to keep dough from drying out.
- In large dutch oven or stock pot, bring salted water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium/high (you just want a gentle boil here, if it’s too voracious, the pierogies may come apart). Place pierogies in water and boil until they float to the top, 5-10 minutes.
- Drain and serve with melted butter and sautéed onions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More