- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs
- 8oz sour cream
- 4 cups flour
- ¼ teas salt
- 5/6 medium potatoes
- ¼ lb sharp cheddar chees (white)
- Mint leaves (really, really fine)
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ lb butter
- 2 onions
- Peel and cut potatoes into chunks. Boil until soft and drain.
- While potatoes are boiling, beat eggs and sour cream together. Gradually add flour and salt. Knead dough until soft but not sticky. Cover with a damp paper towel and set aside.
- To hot, drained potatoes, add sharp cheese (cut into chunks to melt faster), mint and salt. Mix until smooth and cheese is melted.
- Roll out dough about 1/8 inch thick on floured surface. Cut into squares approximately 3”x 3”. Drop a ball of potato mixture onto dough square and fold over. Pinch edges closed. (Dipping your finger in water will help seal the stubborn ones) Again, cover pierogies with a damp paper towel to keep dough from drying out.
- In large dutch oven or stock pot, bring salted water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium/high (you just want a gentle boil here, if it’s too voracious, the pierogies may come apart). Place pierogies in water and boil until they float to the top, 5-10 minutes.
- Drain and serve with melted butter and sautéed onions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More