- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- Servings: 2 full pies
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 Can (29oz) Pure Pumpkin
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 deep dish baked pie crusts
- in a medium mixing bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Combine Pumpkin, Milk, vanilla extract, and eggs into a large sauce pan over medium heat
- Gradually stir in the sugar and spice mixture. Stir continuously to avoid hot air pockets.
- increase the temperature to med-high and stir continuously for about 5 minutes (i use a hand held mixer) until the mixture is nice and thick.
- reduce temperature to low for about 10 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10-15 minutes before pouring into your pie crusts.
- Refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes before serving
NotesThis is a recipe of the stovetop Pumpkin Pie that my grandmother used to make. I would often stand next to her and hand her the ingredients as she needed them then take over stirring until my arm hurt. She didn't actually use a recipe when she made it and didn't even know how much of each thing to put in she just added until it "looked and smelled right" I did write it down as she made it and this is as close as it's going to get.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More