- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup whole-grain, unsweetened wheat cereal
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly packed, light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 licorice strings
- Mix rice cereal, whole-grain cereal, oats and cinnamon in mixing bowl until well combined; set aside.
- Place pineapple and peaches between several layers of paper towels and blot to absorb excess moisture; set aside.
- Heat brown sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling. Remove from heat and mix in peanut butter until melted. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Mix in drained and blotted fruit. Pack into a 9x13-inch glass baking dish and set aside until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Cut into 60 squares. To make the bugs, form each square with your hands into an egg shape with a flat bottom. Insert small pieces of licorice to represent antennae and legs.
NotesSpark your kids’ imaginations with these multi-grained, “buggy” cookies that are full of fruit, whole grains – and flavor. They're no-bake, so prep is a breeze. Even the smallest hands can help.
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More