- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 Tablespoon gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- 2 cup grape juice
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Soften gelatin in cold water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add juice and cornstarch that is mixed with 3 tablespoons cold juice.
- Beat until thick.
- Add egg and egg yolks.
- Gradually add sugar and salt.
- Stir into grape juice mixture.
- Cook until thick.
- Add gelatin and butter.
- Pour into baked pastry shell.
- Top with meringue made from 2 egg whites, 3 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar.
- Do not add flavoring, as I believe that is what makes meringue fall and weep.
- I like to lightly brown the meringue.
NotesWhen you want something sweet, but want to try something new. Give this pie a try!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More