Grape Tarte Tatin
• 10 x 15 inch sheet puff pastry, thawed
• 2 tbsp unsalted butter
• 1 1/2 pounds red or black California grapes
• 3 tbsp sugar
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• Pinch of salt
• Whipped cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Roll puff pastry until it's 1/8 inch thick. Using a bowl as a template, use the tip of a sharp knife cut out a 10 1/2 inch circle of puff pastry.
2. Over medium-high heat, melt butter in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet, preferably non-stick or cast-iron. Stirring frequently, add grapes and cook until many have burst and are golden in places, about 15 minutes. Stir in the sugar, lemon, and salt and simmer 1 minute longer or until liquid has thickened slightly.
3. Push grapes into a single layer and cover with puff pastry. Bake until puffed and brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then carefully turn out onto a round plate. Serve warm and cut into wedges. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Nutritional analysis per serving (without whip cream): Calories 124; protein 1 g; carbohydrate 22 g; fat 4.4 g (32% calories from fat); saturated fat 2.3 g (16% calories from saturated fat); cholesterol 8 mg; sodium 100mg; fibre 1 g.