- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 45
BackstoryI saw Paula Deen make a Grapefruit Cake over the weekend and thought I would try one. This recipe comes from Allrecipes.com, http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fresh-Grapefruit-Cake/Detail.aspx.
- INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
- * 2/3 cup butter, softened
- * 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- * 2 eggs
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- * 1 teaspoon grated grapefruit zest
- * 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- * 3/4 cup milk
- * 3 cups sifted cake flour
- * 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * add to recipe box Add to Recipe Box My Folders
- My folders:
- * add to shopping list Add to Shopping List
- * Customize Recipe
- * add a personal note Add a Personal Note
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 (9 inch) pans. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and grapefruit zest. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the grapefruit juice and milk. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 3. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.