* 2/3 cup butter, softened
* 1 3/4 cups white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon grated grapefruit zest
* 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
* 3/4 cup milk
* 3 cups sifted cake flour
* 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* add to recipe box Add to Recipe Box My Folders
* add to shopping list Add to Shopping List
* Customize Recipe
* add a personal note Add a Personal Note
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 (9 inch) pans. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and grapefruit zest. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the grapefruit juice and milk. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Pairs Well With
I saw Paula Deen make a Grapefruit Cake over the weekend and thought I would try one. This recipe comes from Allrecipes.com, http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fresh-Grapefruit-Cake/Detail.aspx.