- Cooking Time: 18 - 20 minutes
- Servings: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 to 3 tsp grapefruit zest
- 6 tbsp fresh grapefruit juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line 12-count muffin pan with paper liners or prepare the muffin pan with butter.
- Beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed in a stand mixer for 2-3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed until everything is combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 batches, stirring after each addition.
- Add the milk, grapefruit zest, and grapefruit juice and mix until combined (don't overmix)
- Pour batter evenly into 15 cupcake liners.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Check at 18 minutes, then again at 20.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
NotesI made these for work as part of an Instagram campaign. I looked for grapefruit cupcake recipes and couldn't find anything, so I modified a lemon cupcake recipe and the results were good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Food Travels Through Italy
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More