- Cooking Time: 18 - 20 minutes
- Servings: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 to 3 tsp grapefruit zest
- 6 tbsp fresh grapefruit juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line 12-count muffin pan with paper liners or prepare the muffin pan with butter.
- Beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed in a stand mixer for 2-3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed until everything is combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 batches, stirring after each addition.
- Add the milk, grapefruit zest, and grapefruit juice and mix until combined (don't overmix)
- Pour batter evenly into 15 cupcake liners.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Check at 18 minutes, then again at 20.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
NotesI made these for work as part of an Instagram campaign. I looked for grapefruit cupcake recipes and couldn't find anything, so I modified a lemon cupcake recipe and the results were good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More