- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teasp. salt
- 1 teasp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup Grapenuts cereal
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 1-1/2 qt. casserole dish.
- In a meduium size mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Mix in the grapenuts, then pour into the prepared casserole. Sprinkle top liberally with grated nutmeg.
- Bake 1 hour, or till a butter knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a rack before serving warm, or refrigerate. Makes 4-6 generous servings.
NotesThis was my Dad's favorite dessert. Whether served warm from the oven or chilled, just top it with a dollop of whipped cream for a simple, delicious treat that doesn't even require a mixer to make it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More