- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teasp. salt
- 1 teasp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup Grapenuts cereal
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 1-1/2 qt. casserole dish.
- In a meduium size mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Mix in the grapenuts, then pour into the prepared casserole. Sprinkle top liberally with grated nutmeg.
- Bake 1 hour, or till a butter knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a rack before serving warm, or refrigerate. Makes 4-6 generous servings.
NotesThis was my Dad's favorite dessert. Whether served warm from the oven or chilled, just top it with a dollop of whipped cream for a simple, delicious treat that doesn't even require a mixer to make it!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More