- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (1-lb) package potato gnocchi
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 (5 oz) packages baby spinach
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat broiler. Cook gnocchi in a 5 quart pot of boling salted water (gnocchi will float to the surface when done, about 3-5 minutes). Drain in colander. Whisk together cream, flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a 12 inch ovenproof skillet, then bring to a boil over moderate heat, whisking. Continue to boil, whisking frequently, until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add spinach by handfuls, tossing with tongs, and cook until wilted, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, then stir in gnocchi. Spoon ricotta over gnocchi in 5 large dollops and sprinkle with mozzarealla. Broil 4-6 inches from the heat until cheese is browned and bubbling in spots, about 2 minutes. Season with peppers.
NotesThis recipe is a favorite of mine and comes from the Ten Minute Meals section of Gourmet.