- Cooking Time: 20-30 min.
- Servings: makes about 8 glasses
- Preparation Time: 10-15 min.
- 3 Lbs. Brown sugar
- 2 C. Water
- 3 Lbs. apples, pared, cored and chopped
- 2 Lemons, grated rind and juice
- 3/4 oz. Ginger root
- Boil sugar and water for 5 minutes.
- Add apples, lemons and ginger root.
- Boil mixture 20 minutes or until clear an thick, stirring frequently.
- Pour into sterile glasses.
- When firm, cover with melted paraffin and with tin cover.
- Label and put away until needed.
NotesVery old recipe from my Great-Grandma, Laura Wessler from 1919...I've been making this for about 15 yrs. now...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More