- Cooking Time: 20-30 min.
- Servings: makes about 8 glasses
- Preparation Time: 10-15 min.
BackstoryVery old recipe from my Great-Grandma, Laura Wessler from 1919...I've been making this for about 15 yrs. now...
- 3 Lbs. Brown sugar
- 2 C. Water
- 3 Lbs. apples, pared, cored and chopped
- 2 Lemons, grated rind and juice
- 3/4 oz. Ginger root
- Boil sugar and water for 5 minutes.
- Add apples, lemons and ginger root.
- Boil mixture 20 minutes or until clear an thick, stirring frequently.
- Pour into sterile glasses.
- When firm, cover with melted paraffin and with tin cover.
- Label and put away until needed.