- Cooking Time: 4 hours
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryA mere seven ingredients combine to create this mild version of Southwestern chicken chili. I like to add a dash of hot sauce and some sour cream on top.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (48 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, optional
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil; drain. In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, salsa, broth, cumin if desired and chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with cheese.