- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks, about 8 ounces each
- 4 teaspoons Greek seasoning blend
- 1 package (7.5 ounces) frozen green beans and almonds
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek feta vinaigrette
- 1. Rub both sides of beef steaks with Greek seasoning. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat green beans according to package directions; drain well. Set aside.
- 3. Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Stir in cooked green beans with almonds, feta cheese and vinaigrette; toss lightly.
- 4. Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Spoon quinoa onto serving plates; arrange steak slices to the side, slightly overlapping quinoa.
- Nutrition information per serving: 510 calories; 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 104 mg cholesterol; 807 mg sodium; 35 g carbohydrate; 4.4 g fiber; 34 g protein; 4.3 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 5.6 mcg vitamin B12; .0 mg iron; 41.4 mcg selenium; 10.1 mg zinc; 126.4 mg choline.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12, zinc, iron, selenium and choline; and a good source of fiber.
- © Cattlemen’s Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More