- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package phyllo dough (16 oz.)
- 1 c. butter, melted
- 1 lb. chopped toasted walnuts
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. honey
- 2 tsp. lemon juice or a strip of lemon peel
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350, and grease a 9x13 pan. Mix walnuts,cinnamon and cloves, and set aside.
- Layer 1 sheet of phyllo on the bottom of the prepared pan. [Phyllo can be really hard to work with. You should keep a moist cloth over the dough you are not working with, to keep it from drying out.]
- Brush melted butter over it and top with a second sheet. Continue this until you have layered 8-10 phyllo sheets.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the nut mixture over the phyllo and then repeat the layering 2 times, ending with layers of phyllo. Cut into diamonds about 2-3" wide. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat sugar, honey, water, lemon and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil to thicken slightly, and then remove from heat. Allow to cool before pouring it over hot-from-the-oven baklava.
- Let cool and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
The Naked MacaronSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More