- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package country sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 package button mushrooms, sliced and cooked
- 2 frozen packs spinach, thawed and drained of excess water
- 10 eggs
- 1-2 packages crescent rolls
- 1/2 C milk
- 2 C feta cheese or to taste
- onions, garlic, salt and pepper to taste
- Unroll crescents to cover bottom of 9x13 in pan. Cook at 350 for about 8min. This is so that the rolls will have a chance to expand some, even though they will have all of the wet ingredients on top. Let the crescents cool overnight in the pan. Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl and let sit in the fridge overnight. When ready to cook set the eggs out an hour ahead of time to come to room temp. Pour the egg mixture over the rolls and put in a 350 oven for about an hour. Its done when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. It may still look a little watery because it needs a 15min rest before serving to set. As this has mushrooms and spinach it will seem too watery. But the 15 min of set time should be sufficicent.
NotesThis recipe was created for a close friends post wedding brunch the next day. We needed food that was easy to prepare as we were going to be out all night after the reception. This dish turned out to be fabulous. The cooking time may need to be monitored as we had three casseroles in the oven at the same time and they were straight from the fridge. If you were cooking only one and it was closer to room temp the time would be close to an hour. It makes 8-10 servings depending on what else is being served and how big you cut the pieces.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Italy or BustSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More