- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 oz. (1 cup) coarsely crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 Tbs. olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground peppers
- 1 1/2 lbs. thin chicken cutlets
- (about 8)
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, olives, feta, mint, and 1 Tbs. oil. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat a grill pan over high; brush lightly with oil. Season cutlets with salt and pepper. Cook, working in batches as necessary, until chicken is cooked through, 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Top chicken with tomato mixture and serve.
- I have tried making it as stated above and have also tried baking chicken breasts and using the same topping, both ways are good. I would think this would also be great with grilled or BBQ'd chicken.
- Also, I have found that it seems slightly more fresh if you don't mix the olive oil with the tomato mixture as it tends to get a little soggy, so I personally prefer it without.
- I usually use the pre crumbled Feta cheese with Mediterranean herbs mixed in for this recipe (I get mine from Trader Joe's).
NotesThis is a really great summer recipe, very refreshing, quick and easy! There are also a lot of different ways to modify it to your taste and desire. Here is the original recipe from Martha Stewart.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More