- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 oz. (1 cup) coarsely crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 Tbs. olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground peppers
- 1 1/2 lbs. thin chicken cutlets
- (about 8)
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, olives, feta, mint, and 1 Tbs. oil. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat a grill pan over high; brush lightly with oil. Season cutlets with salt and pepper. Cook, working in batches as necessary, until chicken is cooked through, 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Top chicken with tomato mixture and serve.
- I have tried making it as stated above and have also tried baking chicken breasts and using the same topping, both ways are good. I would think this would also be great with grilled or BBQ'd chicken.
- Also, I have found that it seems slightly more fresh if you don't mix the olive oil with the tomato mixture as it tends to get a little soggy, so I personally prefer it without.
- I usually use the pre crumbled Feta cheese with Mediterranean herbs mixed in for this recipe (I get mine from Trader Joe's).
NotesThis is a really great summer recipe, very refreshing, quick and easy! There are also a lot of different ways to modify it to your taste and desire. Here is the original recipe from Martha Stewart.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More