- Cooking Time: 15-25
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 pound uncooked pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- kalmata olives-optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lemons, wedged, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion, and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the artichoke hearts, tomato, feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and cooked pasta. Stir until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish with lemon wedges.
NotesThis is one of my favorite Greek dishes to make. It's very easy and sooo yummy. The recipe says to drain the artichokes, but I usually use some of the liquid just to give the dish a little more sauce. I also like it the best with angel hair pasta.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
Tomato & Sweet Pepper SalsaSee More