- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb whole wheat/ whole grain Penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup red onion, chopped and divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (I used the kind that was in water, not oil)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 4 oz herb goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- More lemons for garnish
- Small amount Light Greek Vinaigrette (if desired)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup of the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and heat for maybe 30 seconds. Season chicken with salt & pepper and add to skillet. Cook until juices run clear
- De-glaze the pan with the lemon juice, scraping up all that flavor from the bottom of the pan
- Combine the artichoke hearts, tomato, cheese, remaining onion, parsley and oregano
- Add to the chicken in the pan and mix. Stir until combined and heated through
- Garnished with a little sprig of parsley...and lemon wedge and add just a drizzle of the Greek Dressing for a tad bit more flavor and voila!
NotesThe recipe was a result of searching for something healthy to make for dinner. I do have full fat cheese in the recipe, but its only a couple of ounces in the whole dish which leaves less than an oz per serving. Not bad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More