- Cooking Time: 15-25
- Preparation Time:
- 125 g Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Cups Shredded Coconut
- 1 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups Water
- Grated Rind of 1/2 A Lemon and 1/2 an Orange
- Cream Butter and Sugar... add eggs and mix well
- Fold in the coconut and Flour. Spread into tin.
- SYRUP: In a pot place the syrup ingredients and cook until the sugar has dissolved completely and it has reduced a little.
- FINISHING: Once the cake has cooled in its tin for 5 mins... poke alot of holes in the top with a skewer.
- Gentle spoon over ALL the syrup making sure you cover ever last inch of the cake...
- If your syrup does start to leak out of the bottom of the tin then you don't need to add anymore... (this doesn't happen often as the cake is like a sponge and will soak up all you give it). Leave the cake to cool completely in the tin.
- Cooking Temp 1 > 230C for 15 mins: Cooking Temp 2 > 150C for 25 mins
NotesOk don't beat me up on this ... I know coconut is not native to Greece but trust me this cake came from a little old Greek woman who ran a Trattoria off Oxford Street in Sydney... This cake was so popular that people would buy a piece and then take the rest of the cake home... It's almost deadly to make at my place cos i get mugged every time i put it on the table... This cake is dangerously addictive and morish so be warned...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Secret of the Wings CookbookSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More