- Cooking Time: 15-25
- Preparation Time:
- 125 g Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 2 Cups Shredded Coconut
- 1 Cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups Water
- Grated Rind of 1/2 A Lemon and 1/2 an Orange
- Cream Butter and Sugar... add eggs and mix well
- Fold in the coconut and Flour. Spread into tin.
- SYRUP: In a pot place the syrup ingredients and cook until the sugar has dissolved completely and it has reduced a little.
- FINISHING: Once the cake has cooled in its tin for 5 mins... poke alot of holes in the top with a skewer.
- Gentle spoon over ALL the syrup making sure you cover ever last inch of the cake...
- If your syrup does start to leak out of the bottom of the tin then you don't need to add anymore... (this doesn't happen often as the cake is like a sponge and will soak up all you give it). Leave the cake to cool completely in the tin.
- Cooking Temp 1 > 230C for 15 mins: Cooking Temp 2 > 150C for 25 mins
NotesOk don't beat me up on this ... I know coconut is not native to Greece but trust me this cake came from a little old Greek woman who ran a Trattoria off Oxford Street in Sydney... This cake was so popular that people would buy a piece and then take the rest of the cake home... It's almost deadly to make at my place cos i get mugged every time i put it on the table... This cake is dangerously addictive and morish so be warned...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More